Title

Hi and welcome to my Blog. This is a place for me to post my photos and projects that I am working on. As well as anything else that I would like to share

Friday, March 27, 2009

Italy

In 2003 I went to Italy on a Study Abroad trip that the school offered. We were their for a month and I took 39 rolls of film and used all of them. The exposures varied from 12-32 to a roll. That means I have a ton of photos. Of course not all of them turned out. I did unfortantly lose 1 roll of film, but I could be considered lucky in that I only lost one roll. You will get to see these from time to time. I am working on scanning the negatives in my computer. This is an ongoing project that I have been working for some time now.

Naples was our first stop and I wasn't impressed with the city, but we did see a lot. The first day we went to the Museo Archeologico Nazionale and saw collections from Pompeii, Herculaneum, and Farnese. On day two we went to Museo di Capedimonte and saw works by Titian, Botticelli, Perugino, Raphael, and several others. The majority of this collection was also from Farnese. We also went to The Duomo(church) and saw the head and blood of San Gennaro. This became a morbid obsession for a few of us. Every city or villiage we went to we saught out the preserved religious relics. At another time I will have to dig out the postcards that have these pictures on them and scan them in.






No comments: