Title

Hi and welcome to my Blog. This is a place for me to post my photos and projects that I am working on. As well as anything else that I would like to share

Monday, May 25, 2009

You Learn Something New Everyday

This isn't art related, but it is something new that I learned today.

I get an RSS feed from one of the local newspapers and they had this article in it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alpaca gives birth to first cria of spring

Special to the Tribune-Star

After about 340 days of pregnancy, Mariah, one of 64 alpacas owned by the Sisters of Providence at St. Mary-of-the-Woods, gave birth to the first cria of the spring at White Violet Farm Alpacas at 11:40 a.m. Friday. Five more crias are expected to be born in the next few weeks.

The public may view the cria and the rest of the alpacas at St. Mary-of-the-Woods.

Providence Brady weighs a little more than 17 pounds. Crias usually are quick to stand, nurse and move about the pasture with their mother as the rest of t
he herd gathers around to welcome the new little one.

The alpacas at St. Mary-of-the-Woods are raised for sales and fiber. There are about 18 alpacas for sale at White Violet Farm Alpacas. Breeding services also are available.

As part of the fiber program, hats, scarves and other items are handmade and sold at St. Mary-of-the-Woods and at www.WhiteViolet.org.

To inquire about alpaca sales and services, cont
act Tracy Wilson at (812) 535-2934 or twilson@spsmw.org. For more information about fiber sales and workshops, contact Sister Jean Fuqua at (812) 535-2932 or jfuqua@spsmw.org.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is an alpaca? I found out that it is related to the llama. I did a Google image search for this picture, it came from this site, www.davidszondy.com.

2 comments:

pinkglitterfae said...

hi Rebecca, thanks for stoping by my blog, yes I will have prints provided a good copy can be made. Check my Etsy shop if you like in the next 2 days.

ps- Cute alpaca pic, it looks like a big furry camel without the humps, lol!
x0x0

Rebecca Lynch Photography said...

I will keep an eye out for them.